So, time for an update on my newest quilting project. When last we saw our heroine, she was buried in Half-square triangles, trying to work out what pattern to make her lovely first quilt in…..
Chevrons were the decided pick, but DH wasn’t entirely sold on the arrangemet…. so more work was done…
And here are piles of completed 4×4 quilt blocks…. I got better at matching the corners as I went, however they don’t all bear close scrutiny. But what the heck, it’s my quilt and I’ll enjoy it a lot more than something I had bought.
Only 1 row of squares remains to be put together into blocks, then I can start putting the blocks together. The quilt is 6 by 6 blocks, so it will be a decent size.
I really only just got a move on with it as it had been decorating the lounge room floor for weeks…. we are starting to have the same visitors see it for the second time, which then gets embarassing. DS1 is having a school friend over for a music session, and they will need the floor in there. I don’t want them to have to be responsible for not treading on the squares and messing them up, when I’ve left them there for so long.
Next update, hopefully all of the top will be put together. I have several extra squares left over, not sure if I might make a cushion cover, possibly piecing them into the back of the quilt as well. I keep telling myself (as I’m unripping seams over and again) that I’m having fun! Through gritted teeth no less 😉
Please be aware that there may be affiliate links in this content. Your support allows me to keep creating for you!