So, after I had tried out my T-shirt patterns and gotten a bit warmed up to sewing knits, I got some bargain fabric from Spotlight (which is my only local sewing store of any description).
I decided to make the Burda 3197 t-shirt again, as the fit was really good and I’m not scared of facings. I used the same size as previously, however I did reduce the seam allowances a little on the side seams as this fabric has a tendency to be a bit “clingy”, and the midsection is where I’d rather it didn’t cling!
This fabric was an absolute bargain at $5 for 1 metre. I even have some left over!. It is very stretchy and super-silky.
I did lengthen the hemline on this pattern as I wasn’t happy with where it sat on my hipline. I’m so happy I did, it’s the perfect length now.
I bought some lighter-weight interfacing for the neck, I only had a much heavier weight and it was too heavy for such light and soft fabric. The neckline is really flattering.
It even looks as good going as coming!
I wore it out last week on Thursday night and everyone was very impressed. No suspicions that it was home-made at all – until I caved in and confessed.