Isn’t it always like that? After the busy-ness of the weekend, having loved ones around you, Monday’s feel kind of flat and quiet. Back to routines, to have-to’s, instead of letting things happen.
Today is the first day of 2 weeks of school holidays. The DS2 got up at 4am to watch the Euro 2012 final. I haven’t seen it yet and I have had to spend today on an internet fast to avoid chance references to the result. It’s hard!
We have kept ourselves busy however…
- DS1 has gone to stay with a friend for a couple of days. They live some distance away, and we really only get to catch up in the holidays. I let him have a sleep in and did his chores this morning. Guess I’m going to have to do them tomorrow too 😉
- Time to make another batch of yoghurt. The chickens are loving it in this cold wet winter weather, mixed in with their porridge. It’s a good thing.
- Making a big dish of pasta sauce, for a pasta bake tonight. Great way to feed the 3 of us for 2 nights, and with all the vegetables in it, amazingly good for us too!
- An internet fast doesn’t mean a communication fast – has been a perfect time to catch up on some long overdue emails. And keywording a few thousand photos on Lightroom – my eyes are going to be permanently crossed at the end of it. It’s like filing – and I hate filing!!
- Have finished pre-washing my quilt backing fabric – you know, for the Grey and Yellow quilt that I am oh-so-slowly working on? I couldn’t find a wide backing fabric that I liked at our local store, so I’m going to try my hand at piecing one with some of the leftover half-square triangles from the front. I’ve already bought the batting, and the basting spray. So we are slowly slowly making progress. Not like my friend Sharon who keeps finishing more and more and more gorgeous quilts!!
- Checking emails for shipping confirmations… my little painting spree last week highlighted some large holes in my Mixed Media arsenal, and so I had to fill in the gaps with some online shopping on the weekend. My parcel has already shipped, so I’m stoked! I’ll be sure to share the toys with you when they arrive.
Meanwhile, because I’ve spent so long buried in old photos today, here are a couple of precious ones. Because it’s school holidays, and because they all grow up so fast!
Please be aware that there may be affiliate links in this content. Your support allows me to keep creating for you!